Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Music News You Can Use - June 2015

June is almost gone !!  It has been a lovely month stepping into my grandpapa role.  Young Henry has been doing all the proper baby things and the new parents are adjusting pretty well.   I've been helping out with shopping, cooking and chores, but I have been enjoying the riches of Washington DC a lot too.  There is so much here:  parks, museums, restaurants, music and cool neighborhoods.  It is quite a candy store !!

I have discovered some very fun open mikes in the DC area, including the Vinyl Lounge, the New Deal Cafe, and the Modern Times Coffeehouse.  A lot of talent and variety out here, and friendly folks.   If you are looking for open mikes to play or to listen wherever, check out www.openmic.us and openmikes.org -- both are comprehensive and up-to-date.

Music to share with you -- I caught a feature set at the Iota Cafe open mike by Eric Sommer.  Here is a representative video of his show.   Quite a wild man on the bottle neck guitar, and that arsenal of guitars and amps is all his.   My, my!!

Big weekend for me coming up.  I'll be playing at the Borjo Coffeehouse on Thursday, the Front Street Public House on Friday, and the Eno River Festival on Saturday.  Details on my website as usual, here.

And I'll be meeting my cousins in Durham for the first time, and seeing one of my high school pals who now lives in Williamsburg. The following week, I'll be flying back to the West Coast with a lot of happy memories, and looking forward to catching up with friends and family back home.

That's a bit of my news and I always enjoy hearing yours.

very best,

John
Roy Zat
Croizat
Whatever

No comments:

Post a Comment