Monday, March 31, 2014

Music News You Can Use - April 2014

Here comes April and I am pretty excited about April 26th especially.   I am thrilled to be opening for Dulcie Taylor and Steve Key at Studio 55 in San Rafael and hopefully you already have this date on your calendars.   Trust me, it is going to be a special show.  Studio 55 is a wonderful listening room, and Steve and Dulcie are such pros.   Treat yourself to an evening of well-crafted songs and support live music (we thank you!!)   Here is the link to more info.
 
Steve Key and I are doing a couple of songs at the Freight and Salvage tomorrow (no fooling) and then on Wednesday at the Ivy Room.  (Got to let people know about our Studio 55 show.)  On April 12th, we are having a full rehearsal down in Paso Robles, and I'll be doing a couple of shows down there (on my calendar).
 
A lot of what was happening for me in February was still happening in March: working on FAR-West conference preparations; helping with the Freight; and a lot of recording with Kevin Harris.  Wish I had a song link or two to share with you, but I am going to wait until the songs are a bit more finished.   I will say that I am very happy with how things are going.   Aireene Espiritu sang a beautiful duet with me on "A Promise And A Rose"  (what a lovely voice she has -- visit her website!!) and Dorcas Moulton played some very sweet accordion on a couple of songs and will be singing with me on "Going For A Ride."   Stay tuned.
 
I did get out a bit and heard some fun music in March.  "Do Wrong Right" played Cafe Leila and that was fun (come on guys get a website).  Had the pleasure of playing at a fundraiser put together by Andrew McKleroy.   He plays in an awesome  Brazilian band -- Zamico -- check them out.
 
And finally -- I have been dusting off "Orange Blossom Special" for my friends up at Ruth McGowan's in Cloverdale.   Here is a version played by a whole line up of amazing fiddlers.  How many do you recognize?
 
Your turn -- send me some news.  Always nice hearing from you.

John
Roy Zat
Croizat
Whatever
 

No comments:

Post a Comment